Here are some of the most common fire department requirements. Check with your fire department to learn more.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age. Most do not have a maximum age.
2. Must live within a certain drive time to the fire station. The idea is to get people to the scene quickly.
3. Must be able to read and write in English.
4. Must be able to pass a physical health screening and be in good health. This job can be physical!
5. Must have a satisfactory criminal history. Some convictions can kick you out of the process.
6. Must have a valid drivers license. MN exempts you from needing a class A or B. We train you!
7. Must be able to work in all weather conditions and for long periods of time.
8. Must be able to work in a team environment. We never work alone.
9. Must be able to maintain confidential information. We know A LOT about our community.
10. Be willing to participate in a positive manner. We need people committed to serving, not create problems.
If you think you meet the requirements listed, click on the Learn More button and contact your fire dept.